What information is Jocyl’s Online Store and Jocyl’s Mobile Apps gathering about its visitors and how is it being used?
Every computer connected to the Internet is provided with a domain name (e.g., jocyls.com) and an IP address (e.g., 192.168.1.100). When a visitor requests a page from within the Jocyls website and mobile apps, our web servers automatically identify and log the HTTP request that is made to them, as follows.
- The IP address of the site that may have referred you.
- Your IP address.
- The web page from which you linked to us.
- The product identifier for version and make of browser (e.g., Internet Explorer 7.0).
- The operating system that you are running (e.g., Mac OS, Windows, Linux).
- The mobile device that you are using (e.g., iPhone, iPad)
- Search words or terms that are passed from a search engine.
There is nothing unusual, in our view, about the information just described, and the practice of collecting this data has been generally standardized by reputable web servers.
The purpose of gathering this information is two-fold. One, Jocyls has found it advantageous to examine visitor traffic in its aggregate so that we can ensure maximum compatibility for the various browsers and operating systems that visit our site. Two, by analyzing these and other visitation patterns, referring URLs and search engine terms, we can strategically enhance our exposure on the Internet.
What about cookies?
You can choose whether or not to accept cookies by changing the settings of your browser. Typically, by accessing the browser’s help feature you can obtain information on how to prevent your browser from accepting all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is being set. If you choose to not accept these cookies, your experience at our website and other websites may be diminished and some features may not work as intended.
What other information does Jocyls.com request?
We may also request your email address or mailing address for the purposes of conducting a survey, promotions, adding you to our mailing list, or by your request to have someone contact you for additional information. Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested. We will not sell, rent, or otherwise transfer your email address to a third party without your consent.
Will Jocyls.com disclose the information collected to third parties?
Jocyls will disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessary in the following circumstances.
- Confirm the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on Jocyls.com.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of Jocyls, or visitors of Jocyls.
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties. Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
Last Updated: November 3, 2015